Clients may engage in an outside contractor for maintenance or repairs of their boat. Contractors are required to register before commencing any work on a boat on the marina or if they use the marina facilities to gain access to a boat.
To complete registration the following details are required:
- Authorisation from the boat owner by letter or email
- A current Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance
- A current Certificate of Currency for workers compensation insurance
- A current Marine Card
- Completion of the Davis Marina induction requirements
- Log in to the BIA access management system and print a wrist band each work day
Most contractors are familiar with the BIA access management sign on procedure. For those contractors who do not use the BIA system we recommend sending Certificates of Currency to our office prior to arrival, in order to avoid any delays. Please note Davis Marina only accepts Certificates of Currency for proof of insurance.
The following restrictions apply to contractors:
- No access to slipway or workshop
- No access to marina equipment or tools
- Work to be conducted between 9 am and 5 pm unless prior arrangements have been made with the marina office.